Shanghai Tower headlines the BIM-MEPAUS Construction Innovation 2013 Forum
Shanghai Tower’s owner champions BIM for design and construction of one of the world’s tallest (and greenest) buildings. Mr Ge Qing Deputy General Manager Chief Engineer Shanghai Tower Construction and Development Co., Ltd will explain how their requirements for all professional subcontractors and equipment suppliers are required to communicate through the BIM platform. Through the application of BIM technology, the team has created a new process for mechanical and electrical installation. Key benefits also to be presented during this keynote will include:
- integrating design with whole of life considerations and management;
- World best practice for improving design communication;
- enhancing coordination amongst the subcontracting trades;
- conserving energy and reduce waste and rework; and
- improving construction efficiency.