Airside Systems comprise all air handling systems for air conditioning and ventilation.
The following key points are noted in relation to the airside specifications:
- The system naming convention has been aligned as far as possible with AS1668.
- However, it has not been possible to align fully the naming convention across all relevant standards and industry practices; therefore, some decisions have been made to remove confusion. For example, between the use of RA for Return Air and/or Relief Air.
- The aim is that design modellers will model air side systems using the required ductwork material, pressure rating and insulation selections to assure dimensional coordination ratings and accurate take-offs using Revit MEP.
The proper use of the BIM-MEPAUS template add-in constructible ductwork libraries are key to the Ductwork Design-to-Fabrication Workflow.
- Active Chilled Beams – Specification
- Air Handling Unit – Specification
- Damper – Specification
- Ductwork Sound Attenuators – Specification
- Fan Coil Unit – Specification
- Variable Air Volume Terminal Unit – Specification
- Rigid Ductwork – Specification
- Flexible Ductwork – Specification
- Ductwork Lining and Insulation Wrap – Specification
Note: Fire resistance systems including fire resistance wraps and sprays are nominated in the BIM-MEPAUS Fire Rated Ductwork Systems Specification.