The Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors’ Association (AMCA) is pleased to announce Mr William Bausmith as the latest high profile international keynote presenter at the BIM-MEP AUS Construction Innovation 2015 Forum.
Mr William (Bill) Bausmith is currently employed as an Associate Director – Construction Management at Princeton University. Bill has a 25 year career in construction management focused on the development of practical, efficient technology applications that improve all phases of a projects lifecycle, from design to facilities maintenance (FM).
Fourteen years leading the Construction Management Department at Princeton University includes a comprehensive effort to integrate the needs of FM into the construction design and delivery process. This pursuit requires the knowledge of FM needs, the nuances of construction workflows and the ability to tailor the appropriate technology solution for the task.
Based solidly on a fourteen year collection of FM data and documents, an early jump into BIM modeling and supported by Princeton’s respect for innovation, the past eight years has been dedicated to developing BIM to FM standards.
Practical applications include:
· Engage in trade level, field experienced based, exchanges with contractors and FM staff to develop intimate understanding needs and workflows.
· Pursue the practical use of technology; one that generates the highest FM value while minimizing disruption to the critical construction workflows.
· Design and customization of collaborative PM web tools.
· Develop/maintain BIM standards.
· Develop model delivery standards that support BIM to FM field tool
· Create project management standards: CPM scheduling, construction field protocols, commissioning, recycling.
Bill will be joined at the forum by thought leaders and practitioners from across the supply chain, each providing unique insight into how leading firms such as the Princeton University are utilising technological advancements to deliver innovative best practice solutions in the building and construction industry.
It will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 6-7 August 2015.
About Princeton University: http://www.princeton.edu/main/