On 2 July 2012, the Project Board has arranged a special event in Perth (City West Function Centre, 45 Plaistowe Mews, West Perth),10-1:00pm. This event is targeting head contractors, building services MEP Consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
This special event is a follow up from the previous successful BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in demonstrations undertaken in Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne during April. The feedback received during those sessions included:
- The BIM-MEPAUS foundation standards and specification are best of breed and will remove confusion of how to work in a BIM enabled environment for the supply chain.
- The BIM-MEPAUS community will enable the further progression required to develop standards and specifications for practical application.
- The BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in and MAP software solution tools are effective, workable and will form productive workflows for the industry. Recognising this, a number of head contractors’, consultants and sub-contractors have signed-up to the software and will now commence projects. The number of suppliers and manufacturers agreeing to work towards developing their modelling content is very encouraging to the industry.
- The BIM-MEPAUS now prescribes solutions to be developed in a standardised manner supporting integrated project delivery without eroding the expertise of head contractors, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
Why should Consultants attend?
- Notwithstanding investments made to date in library and software content development, BIM-MEPAUS will significantly reduce modelling costs moving forward as a whole-of-industry effort that promotes standardisation.
- Rather than working in a lonely BIM environment, BIM-MEPAUS will ensure that the design community has the tools necessary to support integrated project delivery and yield greater value added processes for design to fabrication.
- Given the appetite shown to date consultants can expect clients to be requiring projects to be documented in BIM-MEPAUS moving forward.
Why should Head contractors attend?
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are more likely to be constructible and easier to deliver with lower project time, quality and cost risks.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are going to be consistently documented from one project to another.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects will be able to be more easily used for scheduling, cost management and sustainability.
Why should MEP sub-contractors’ attend?
- BIM-MEPAUS based projects will require development of REVIT capabilities and changes to current workflows.
- BIM-MEPAUS properly implemented will reduce your construction documentation costs.
Why should suppliers and manufacturers attend?
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content is the best way to build on current supplier/contractor arrangements.
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content BIM-MEPAUS is the lowest cost means of engaging in BIM enabled IPD based projects.