The Virtual Buildings Information System (VBIS) facilitates transfer of valuable information from digital construction processes to building owners and facility managers. Developed inline with the Victorian Government’s Victorian Digital Asset Strategy (VDAS) and significant assistance from the Victorian Government’s Future Industries Sector Growth Program, VBIS is based on an open syntax standard that will be freely available to the market. VBIS is:
- An asset classification structure designed to suit searching asset databases and associated documentation repositories
- The basis of a standardised naming convention for equipment – via the BIM-MEPAUS initiative
- A standard URL instruction set to imbed into 3D models and other online systems such as FM service systems to communicate with other online repositories
- ISO12006-2:2015 compliant
- Mapped to Uniclass and Omniclass.
Content coming soon.