After 18 months of development the BIM-MEPAUS Revit add-in software will be released on 1 April 2012. The software consists of customised Autodesk Revit MEP templates, schedules and content which are tailored to the BIM-MEPAUS standards and protocols.
Brisbane 16 April 2012: KarelCAD Brisbane Head Office, Brisbane Tech Park, 62 Brandl Street, Eight Mile Plains
Sydney 17 April 2012: SMC Conference & Function Centre, 66 Goulburn Street, Sydney
Adelaide 18 April 2012: Mecure Grosvenor Hotel, 125 North Terrace, Adelaide
Melbourne 19 April 2012: Clarion Suites Gateway, 1 William Street, Melbourne
There are two events proposed in all four cities outlining the benefits of software demonstrations to Head Contractors, Building Services MEP Consultants, Contractors, Suppliers and Manufacturers.
Event 1: Head Contractors, Building Services MEP Consultants and Contractors (12:00-1:30pm)
- Notwithstanding investments made to date in library and software content development, BIM-MEPAUS will significantly reduce modelling costs moving forward as a whole-of-industry effort that promotes standardisation.
- Rather than working in a lonely BIM environment, BIM-MEPAUS will ensure that the design community has the tools necessary to support integrated project delivery and yield greater value added processes for design to fabrication.
- Given the appetite shown to date consultants can expect clients to be requiring projects to be documented in BIM-MEPAUS moving forward.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are more likely to be constructible and easier to deliver with lower project time, quality and cost risks.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects are going to be consistently documented from one project to another.
- BIM-MEPAUS documented projects will be able to be more easily used for scheduling, cost management and sustainability.
- BIM-MEPAUS based projects will require development of REVIT capabilities and changes to current workflows.
- BIM-MEPAUS properly implemented will reduce your construction documentation costs.
Event 2: Suppliers and Manufacturers (4:30-6:00pm)
- Consultants and Contractors will be required to deliver their project in a BIM environment and this will change the way suppliers and manufacturers will be engaged in the process.
- BIM-MEPAUS will increase the ease for designers to specify products.
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content is the best way to build on current supplier/contractor arrangements.
- BIM-MEPAUS and managed content BIM-MEPAUS is the lowest cost means of engaging in BIM enabled IPD based projects whilst maintaining expertise.
Please RSVP to this demonstration event by COB Monday 10 April 2012 at this email link