A project delivered using a BIM workflow can utilise a number of software technologies, some of these (and not limited to) include:
BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in Software
From 1 April 2012, as a result of 18 months development of content and standards in accordance with BIM-MEPAUS system, the software release will be provided within the BIM-MEPAUS Revit add-in software. The software will contain BIM-MEPAUS approved content, standards, protocols, templates, training and technical schedules.
Applying the BIM-MEPAUS BIM-all-the-way workflow, the following software solutions will be utilised:
The BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in software:
- access to managed content via a managed content website for supplier's model libraries;
- compliance with BIM-MEPAUS and ANZRS Australian Standards where applicable;
- libraries for ducting, piping, cable trays and secondary steel based on Australian industry standards;
- design content libraries for mechanical, electrical, fire protection, hydraulics and vertical transportation equipment;
- design technical schedules supporting specification and system integration, procurement schedules and commissioning schedules;
- Autodesk Revit MEP view templates, view filters and settings;
- Autodesk Revit MEP colour standards, line weight and pattern standards; and
- Autodesk Revit MEP model conversion to TSI manufacturing systems via the FABmep software.
Fabrication and Installation software implementation:
- access to BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in software "Save-Load MAP RIF data";
- access to Autodesk/ MAP Software FABmep the fabrication tool that converts BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in and Autodesk Revit MEP files to the software suite of integrated database solutions for estimating, detailing, procurement, fabrication and installation of BIM files;
- support with contractors' workflows supported with Autodesk/MAP software tools as follows:
- Estimating - ESTmap provides detailed cost estimates all Autodesk/MAP software suite files (including Revit MEP files converted from BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in.
- Detailing - CADmep supports an Autodesk AutoCAD workflow for spool drawing for fabrication.
- Procurement and fabrication - CAMduct supports direct download of Autodesk/MAP software suite files to an automated coil/line and CNC Plasma table.
- Installation - FABmep and CADmep providing hanger location and output to Trimble MEP total station units.
- pre-configuration of FABmep with Design/Line enabled services to ensure the highest level of file conversation from BIM-MEPAUS Autodesk Revit add-in to Autodesk/MAP software suite; and
- implementation services of Autodesk/MAP software suite provided by TSI including:
- detailed needs assessment and evaluation is required to create a detailed customised implementation plan. Variables will be examined that impact the implementation plan such as internal resources, fabrication automation resources, CAD resources, and estimating means and methods.